Friday, February 26, 2010

I weigh as much as...

Good morning, it is Friday.

I wish I had a picture of this, but I don't, so you will just have to imagine. Yesterday Preston stepped on the scale. He is all of 125 lbs. but taller than me. I told him that if he put Lillie on his back, he would be about the same weight at me. So he did. Preston with Lillie on his back on the scale (good pic as they tried not to laugh) weighed 184 lbs. Then I weighed myself at 183 lbs. We all thought is was cool that is was so close, but we wanted it exact. So I drank a big glass of water, and boom, gained one pound and I ended up 184 lbs. Yes, I know I should loose 10 to 15 lbs. But that is a different blog. As of yesterday, after a large glass of water, I weighed the exact same as Preston with Lillie on his back. When I said, "we all thought this was cool", I should actually have said, "Preston, Lillie and I thought it was cool"...Maren was not so impressed with our quest for the same weights...I don't remember if she thought we were "strange", "dorks", or just "Slanes":)

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

mycornerwindow said...

I think "goofy" was the word that came to mind. You are so silly!

Grandma and Grandpa said...

That's very interesting! We figure that if Grandma Slane put Joey on her back, and Joey had a 20-lb. bag of dog food on his back, we'd weigh exactly the same as Grandpa Slane, except Grandma Slane's back would be broken. Hm...

Amber said...

You can tell Preston that if I drink a huge glass of water, I'll weigh the same exact as him... only I'm like 6 inches shorter than he is.

I like those goofy Slanes!