Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Box of books.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Yesterday's mail brought a huge box of books. Free books that all of us will enjoy reading! Where did this come from you might ask? Well, when Maren was in Boston for the ALA conferences, vendors would give her tons of "uncorrected proof" books to read. We now have a new supply of books that all of us will enjoy. Maren says it is cheaper and easier to just mail the box of books home than it is to pay for an extra bag and tote it to and from the airport.
Tonight is the first ever Art Walk at Grass Lake Elementary. Being one of the art docents, I will probably be hanging out near the 1st grader's art wall(s), answering questions from kids running around the school trying to fill out an art scavenger hunt form with the hopes of winning a fabulous prize.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so jealous!!! I still have a couple proofs like that that Maren gave me YEARS ago. Enjoy those books!

Julian's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Yes, yes I do. So far I've mostly downloaded the classics and some free weird things - but I do love it!