Wednesday, October 07, 2009

pictures, no picture.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Today I am talking about pictures, without ever showing you one! The church has been taking family pictures for the Church Directory. The deal is that you sign up to have your pic taken, and it goes into the directory. What they don't tell you is that you will then be given the hard sell to buy and the prices are not cheap. In fact, I would bet that these places mark the prices up when going to the church. We did not dress too fancy, and they did take some nice pictures, I had just figured they would try to sell us some pics and we would be shelling out $100.00 for plenty of pics. Nope...the first quote was like this, "This price is $150.00 off because we came to your church, the total for package A is only $475.00." I just about fell off! We ended up buying a small package and getting the CD for like $175.00. Still not cheap by any means, but there was a good pic of the kids, a good pic of me and Maren, and a decent pic of the family that we did not want to just go to waste.

Today is also picture day for Hansen, Lillie and me at school. My pics are free, the kid packages we will buy are $33.00 each. I thought this was expensive until last night, guess it is a bargain. Who knew.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Holy Moly, what high prices for pictures! We've never heard of such a thing! That's crazy! (By the way, do you have a wallet size of the whole family?)