Friday, October 09, 2009

My last day of being young.

Good morning, it is Friday.

It is just after 8:00am and the house is still quiet. Except for the loud bang from the cat popping a Halloween balloon that the kids filled up the the other day.

Today will be a mellow day. I will be going to Grass Lake today (even though there is no school) to learn how to be an art docent. I volunteered a couple days after the deadline to be the art docent for Lillie's class, and sure enough, I was the only one who volunteered. I will get tour on how to check out the equipment, how to use the equipment, what to teach, and hopefully enough other stuff so that when I am actually teaching art to Lillie's class for a whole hour in just two weeks, it sounds like I know what I am doing. I have kind of wanted to be an art docent for years and I am glad I will actually get to try this job out.

The only other thing I will be doing today is enjoying my last day of being young. Tomorrow I will be forty. GOOD LORD! TOMORROW I WILL BE FORTY!!! No matter how you slice it, forty is on the young side of being old...not the old side of being young. Sorry for putting it like that to all you older than me who read my blog, maybe tomorrow I will change my mind. So today I will slowly surf the Internet (yay for Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize), or nap, or read a book, or just give in and take my uber-vain teenager shoe shopping...that is, until Maren gets home from work. I have heard rumblings about a dinner, but even Lillie is too old to be tricked into telling me what the plan is.

See you tomorrow...but I may need my eye glasses.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Happy last day of being 39!

Amber and Aurora said...

Congratulations on making it to 40! I wish I could be there to keep the rumblings about dinner secret and join your family in telling you that you're over the hill. Or, that you're only as old as you feel. Or whatever! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!