Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Happy birthday to me!!! I am now 40!!! Dude, that's old! But I can tell that my 40's will be my best years yet! I don't know about the rest of you, but I am happy to just keep going.

I woke up this morning (first one up), made some coffee, and decided that since it was my birthday today, I could just skip exercising for the day. Then I turned on my computer, and just like everyday, I look at facebook for a minute (today is extra fun as my facebook friends are wishing me happy birthday-it's great, thanks everyone!) and read my horoscope. This is my horoscope for today:

Your horoscope for October 10, 2009
You could feel stimulated and inspired today, Julian. You'll have a lot of physical energy, and you could even feel a bit manic! Try to center yourself by avoiding caffeine and doing some deep breathing throughout the day. You might want to run a bunch of errands or go to the gym for a nice workout. You'll need to do something that will help you to focus your energy and control your life force.


O.K. I will now spit out my coffee, and get ready to exercise! No I won't, the horoscope is just silly, but it's always right, done with the coffee...suddenly I am feeling a bit manic. What is that freaking cat doing to my birthday balloon? Why is my foot twitching? Breath! Dang, I forgot to buy my birthday lotto tickets, now I have errands to run...how does my horoscope do this to me everyday?!?

Last night was fun, Maren let the kids plan a small party for just us. They (mostly Maren) bought me a great 40 balloon and 40 streamers:

Lillie even made a great sign for me and taped it to the front door!
I had a wonderful cake and great plates and napkins:
And we went out to my favorite restaurant for dinner (and now I am feeling old enough to belong there, it always is full of older folks). As long as I can remember, The Golden Peacock has seemed like an "old" restaurant. Maybe because it is always filled with older folks, or maybe just the decor is simple...but it is all decorated for it's 30th anniversary. Dude, I am way older than the restaurant I have associated with old! What gives?
So, I have had a great birthday so far. When given the choice of a big party with lots of people or a night out with Maren to see a musical and stay in Seattle, I chose the latter. Tonight after all the soccer games are complete, Maren's parents are taking the kids and Maren and I are off to see the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Then staying downtown. We will get back home to relieve John and Carol of our three perfectly behaved monsters mid day Sunday. Maybe for 50 I will go for the party?
See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Happy Birthday, Julian! We love you!!!

Amber and Aurora said...

Best birthday blog ever! I would've chosen a night out on the town too!

Melanie Ostergard said...

Happy birthday, Julian1 enjoy your night out without the kids...

Grandpa and Bernice said...

Happy 40th Julian. Sounds like you had a great pre birthday celebration with Maren and the kids, and now a night on the town w/o the kids....what could be better. Enjoy...
Lots of love