Friday, August 28, 2009

Wild Waves for Lily's birthday.

Good morning, it is Friday.

Yesterday we went to Wild Waves to celebrate the birthday of Lillie's friend Lily. We had Lily's two older brothers, Lillie's two older brothers, me and Michelle (Lily's mom, who I have been friends with since Kentridge days). The weather was perfect and the park was as crowded as I have ever seen it. The day started with the Lillians playing in the water park side and the boys heading to do the rides. After a while the kids branched off into a few groups, with us parents following the Lillians and running errands. It all worked out perfectly as Preston and Garrett took off and did the water park separately from Hansen and Mason, who did great on their own as well. I hung out with the Lillians in the wave pool and Michelle took them on a few water slides. I must say the wave pool was so crowded that it was like a crazy mosh pit in the water with huge waves and a sea of kids...yup, Lillie loved it!

For lunch Michelle went over to Costco and picked up a couple of large pizzas. The kids and I met her in the parking lot for lunch...I think we ate all but one slice. Garrett was the winner with 5 slices! After lunch and the Birthday song for the birthday girl, it was back into the park for more fun. Garrett and Preston stayed on the water end, while the rest of us went over to the rides. I filled our refillable souvenir cup like 4 times the kids were so thirsty. The Lillians enjoyed the teacups while the Hansen and Mason took Michelle on bigger rides. We all went on the Klondike Gold Rush...I hate that ride, it looks all innocent and fun but it is extremely violent on an adults neck and body.

By the time we left, we were running 20 minutes late. Mason, Hansen and Garrett all had soccer practice and I think they all may have been 10 minutes late...I know Mason was running late and Hansen ended up 10 minutes late as well.

After Hansen's soccer practice and dinner, we (Maren got to come with us for this trip!) headed out to the school to check the class lists. Hansen had the class we expected him to be in, but Lillie was not even on a class list. I will call when the office opens this morning to make sure she gets put in the right class.

See you tomorrow.

P.S. I did not have my camera or phone with me as valuable electronics have no place in Wild Waves when you know you will be getting wet. We would have had a ton of great pictures, but instead you have to use your imagination!

No comments: