Thursday, August 27, 2009

Strike, pool.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

I was scheduled to attend a class at the school with many of the teachers as we prepare for the new school year...but as of last evening, the teachers are on strike. They voted to strike by an 86% margin. I am not in the same union being a paraeducator, but I don't need to be crossing their picket lines either. School is scheduled to start on Monday, but with such a large gap between the union and the district, I just don't see how we will be starting on time. I hope calmer minds prevail as the leaders of each of the groups seem to be set. With any luck we will still start school on time...but I am guessing we may have an extra week of vacation this year.

Yesterday I took the littles to the pool for a few hours in the middle of the day. Lots of jumping off the diving board and having fun. When I would cannonball off the diving board, I would get lots of kids wet...except for my clever ones who said they would always just go under water just before I landed to keep from being hit by the big splash. Here they are above water:

And under water.
In the evening, while Preston was at soccer, we headed over for a quick Costco shopping trip. Yes, there is a such thing as a quick Costco trip...just not a cheap trip to Costco. We also enjoyed a little ice-cream before shopping.
See you tomorrow.

No comments: