Sunday, August 16, 2009

Disneyland.

Good morning, it is Sunday.

Sorry if you missed my blog over the last week...we went to Disneyland!!! This was the first time this family has ever been on a plane, or even been on a vacation for more than two days! We had a great vacation, took lots of pictures and had tons of fun. Here are just a few pictures of the "happiest place on earth":

This is the big Mickey Mouse greeting us in front of the Hotel.
Maren and Lillie standing on one of the best hotel entrances anywhere in the world.
Lille had her hair done at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She loved being one of the princess.
We did go to a couple of character meals. Here are the kids with Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty.
Lillie was scared of many of the rides...but one of the rides she loved was the teacups. Lillie loved the white wedding ears the best...they were sold out everywhere and her and Maren just happened to find the last hat.
Kids being eaten by Goofy in the lobby of a neighboring hotel.
Lillie hanging out with Tinkerbell.
We also went to Legoland. Legoland was great. Lillie loved it as did the boys.
A very nice dinner near Legoland with Maren's relatives. It was sure great of everyone to meet us at such short notice.
Goofy ears for a couple of goofy people.
Who loves Tinkerbell more? This was the pool at our hotel, we spent plenty of time there.
Me and Preston on the Tower of Terror! Yes, I thought I might die...Preston will be happy to tell you about my screaming if you ask him.
Hansen shopping with Darth Vader looming. Yes, Hansen loved all the shopping. Every ride exits you into a store.
We had a great vacation, but it is nice to be home!
See you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Grandpa and Bernice said...

What a great vacation. There is nothing like Disneyworld (the Florida version) The kids all look like they had a ball. What did they think of the plane ride?
We're glad that you're home - and able to read your daily blog.

jerisenger said...

Wow, you had a great time. We did all of that in Florida not long ago. The girls loved getting their hair done as well. My kids told me I scream like the Wicked Witch of the north on those awful rides so I stay off of them if I can. Noah is always trying to convince me that they are fun...... It all looked great and is a vacation you will long remember.

I went on a cruise to Alaska the first week in Aug. and it was a great trip with all good weather.

MarneeBeth said...

Wow, what fun you all had!!
I loved those Goofy ears you and Preston tried on.
I hope you bought at least one hat as they come in handy when you need a quick Halloween costume and I know the kids would like it at school:)

I'm glad you had such a great time!!

Teachers report tomorrow so I better get to bed.

Cheers, Marnee

Shannon said...

I cannot wait to hear all of the details next weekend! I'm so glad you had a good time.

The Mind of Michel said...

Looks like you had fun!! Bailey's favorite was the teacups as well, I must have rode that ten times with him. He was two the last time we went. We are actually flying out this Wednesday to Scal for the parks as well.

Do you ride the tower of terror?

Amber and Aurora said...

Wow, what a great trip! I do look forward to taking this trip with Aurora... I'm not sure about the Bibbity Boppity hairstyle ;) But it looks like Lillie and the whole fam had a blast!

Julian's Blog said...

Thanks everyone. We had a great time. The plane was not the kid's favorite, but they were well behaved and hung in there.

Lillie chose her hair, hair color and accessories (it is her hair...why should we choose? I will regret those words in 10 years), it really looked cool in person...lots of little girls with the hair around the park, it is a must do for a little girl at Disneyland.

Mike, I did ride the Tower of Terror (the pic is one I took with my phone of the pic they tried to sell us). It was horrible! I am double dog daring you to ride it! But don't ride it right after lunch.

Teacher report tomorrow? Kent teachers are probably going to strike!

Melanie Ostergard said...

Love the pictures, and I'm looking forward to hearing all the details soon. Glad you're all home!!