Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th of July, New Glasses.

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Happy 4th of July. Trivia for you, John Adams thought that everyone for future generations would be celebrating on July 2nd, 1776 because that was the day that the 13 colonies became the United States. He missed the day by two days because the 3rd and the 4th brought on debates that changed a few things in the Declaration of Independence. Fifty years later on the 4th of July both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died. Enough trivia.

Yesterday we hit the fireworks stand. The kids wished we had like $20,000 to blow on fireworks, but realistically we had more like $40.00. Here Maren and Lillie check out fireworks.
Yesterday I also picked up my new glasses. I ordered two pairs due to a buy one get one promotion. They are quite different and I can't decide which pair I like more. Maren says I am just fussy that way. Anyhow, I will let you vote:

Pair number 1. Small size, AR lenses, rimless frame on the bottom. Very similar to my old pair, and the expensive pair. These also have those clip on sunglasses for days like today.
Pair number 2. Thick black frames. Regular lenses. The stylist at the glasses store really thought I should have these as my number 1 pair. These may be more comfortable.
OK, which do you like more? Neither picture is very good, after all it is a pic of me.

Last night I spent a couple hours doing a 90,000 mile service on Maren's car. Yup, the old Hyundai is still kicking. I changed the spark plugs, air filter, transmission fluid, and radiator fluid. Over the next day or so I need to change the oil and rotate the tires. Everything else seems good.

Today is also the first day of the Tour de France. As I type Lance Armstrong is sitting in third place, 10 seconds behind teammate Levi Leipheimer. I will be waking up nice and early for the next month to watch the Tour.

See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Grandpa and Bernice said...

Julian, I like pair #2 - don't know why, but I think they look better on you.

Happy 4th of July to all of you.
There was another president who died on 4th of July, it was a Jeopardy question, but.....I don't remember - just looked it up - it was James Monroe.

Love, Bernice

Amber and Aurora said...

I think pairs 1 and 2 have different uses. Pair two is your work/weekday pair, and pair one is your weekend/driving pair!

We're having a few fun TdF parties at the LAF, but I don't really know anything about watching it... perhaps this year I'll learn a thing or two about competitive cycling.

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

Grandma Slane votes for pair #1. Grandpa Slane likes them both.

Melanie Ostergard said...

I like option #2.

Oh and did you know that Court grew up with Levi? He is from Choteau, Montana, too. Crazy, huh?

Julian's Blog said...

Pretty good split on the glasses, thanks! I kind of like pair 1 most, but I am getting more used to the idea of pair 2 and could change my mind at any moment.

Yup, James Monroe died exactly 5 years later. Strange.

sussah said...

I may have missed the voting altogether because the computer has been in the shop. But I prefer glasses no. 2. Also, Thomas Jefferson died on the same exact day as John Adams. love, susanna

Shannon said...

I vote for pair #2! Very trendy and snazzy.