Thursday, June 18, 2009

Early Father's Day, King Julien.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday Lillie brought home her father's day gift that she made me from school. Yes, she was supposed to wait until Sunday to give it to me. But she just could not wait. The bag in her backpack was just killing her. She did wait until last night but then gave in. She made me a nice hand colored and written card. The front and back covers are the first picture, the picture is of Lillie and me planting tomato plants in the garden. The front cover she even signed her name in cursive writing!

This is the inside two pages. The first is going to the park, the second is reading a pony princess book! Hey, pony princess books are not too bad. The handmade key chain is also part of the gift. Lillie explained the pattern she used and everything. Thanks Lillie.
Yesterday was also the last day I officially go into the classrooms at work. I may still go help a teacher or two for an hour or two, but my inventory and cleanup come first. I enjoy going into the classrooms to help, it is the best part of my job in general. Kids today have no idea who Julian Lennon was (who I was named after), but they do know this Julien. In one of my second grade classes word got out that my first name is Julian, and for the rest of the week a handful of kids would call me King Julien, from the Madagascar cartoon. I am the goofy one in the back giving a peace sign. Luckily a long weekend came around and the kids all seemed to forget before I ever had to give a stern, "I am Mr. Slane at school, thank you!"

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

sussah said...

Happy Father's Day Julian!! Did you ever see the WhaleDreamers movie http://www.whaledreamers.com/html/
by Julian Lennon. It's great. love, susanna

Julian's Blog said...

Thanks Susanna, I have not seen the movie, but I just checked out the website. Looks good.