Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I hate fundraising.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Mother's Day was a success around here, next up...Father's Day! In the past I like to wake up early, go for a jog or a walk or just have some peace and quiet...or sleep in. Then the rest of the day devoted to watching the U.S. Open Golf Championship. Yup, I played in a few first round qualifiers for that tournament hoping some strange magic would propel all my shots into the hole and I would make it to the second round of qualifying. Never made it, seems that it was just me hitting the shots. Never embarrassed myself, played well a couple of times, but never made it past the first round of qualifying either. I still enjoy watching the tournament every year on Father's Day.

Anyhow, fast forward to this years Father's Day and I will be waking up early, packing up my bicycle and heading into Seattle for the LiveSTRONG Challenge. A 100 mile bike ride to raise money for Cancer research via the LiveSTRONG organization. I am very excited to be riding in my first "century" bike ride. Even more excited to be in an event such as the LiveSTRONG Challenge supporting a cause worth supporting. The only part I don't like is the fundraising. The entry for the ride was $50.00 plus a $250.00 fund raising effort. I paid the $50.00, and have a couple of supporters so far, but I kind of need more. I probably won't ask again after this post, because I would rather just pay my fund raising effort myself than beg for money. But I do realize that this is bigger than just me, and if you do give money on my behalf, you are not giving me the money. You are giving it to the LiveSTRONG organization. You may not know this, but my little sister Amber works for the LiveSTRONG organization and says it is a great organization in every way, both to it's employees and to its cause. So this year, no father's day gift to me please, maybe just a donation on my behalf.

If your interested, you can visit my fundraising website at:

www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=294734&supId=245767411

Thanks, and see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amber and Aurora said...

Wow, you're already halfway to your fundraising goal! Keep giving money, people!!! It's our first year holding the LIVESTRONG Challenge in Seattle, and I'm hoping we can continue the event in Seattle every year so that once Aurora's a little older and there's a direct flight I can go cheer you on! This year several of my friends and coworkers will be working the booth and cheering at the finish line. I'll tell them to look out for you!!!