Friday, May 22, 2009

Homework coupon.

Good morning, it is Friday.

Yesterday Lillie did not have school and Carol came out to hang with her. Sounds like they had a great day. New shoes, fancy tiara, broccoli shop (ice-cream store in disguise), out to lunch, and a play date with a kindergarten friend at the park. Then tacos for dinner, yum.

When the rest of us got home it was time for Hansen's baseball and choir as well as Preston's soccer. Lillie came with me and Hansen and played at the playground with friends for yet another hour! It is amazing how much energy new shoes will give a kid.

Hansen used a "Homework Coupon" so he would not have to do his homework. I had never heard of such a thing until this year in Hansen's class. I sure wish I had these things in college! Hansen saves his (he has had a few) for days where he has multiple homework assignments as well as a sporting event on the same day...pretty smart.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Amber and Aurora said...

I would've had fun doing that homework assigment - creating meal plans that fit within the food pyramid! I do think the homework coupons are a good idea for busy kiddos like yours. I don't think I ever had any afterschool program until Jr High art class.

Julian's Blog said...

Hansen earns these by not missing homework assignments. He probably should be doing the food pyramid homework...don't green M&M's count as a vegitable?