Tuesday, May 19, 2009

P and J dentist visit.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Last night Preston and I had Dentist visits. He had a standard cleaning/check-up, I on the other hand needed a new filling where one from my high school days had fell out. Maren hates the dentist and was much happier fighting a cold than going anywhere near the dentist chair. In fact, I am kind of surprised how much she enjoys the Golden Peacock restaurant knowing it is really only half a block away from the dentist office! Preston passed with flying colors. His teeth are still moving around so this summer he may be seeing the orthodontist. My tooth was kind of a mini adventure. The dentist asked me if I wanted a numbing shot or without pain killer as it would only hurt "a little, a few times". I said I was fine to try with no pain killers as long as he promised to give me some if I started shuddering in pain. It was not so bad, a couple sharp "OUCHS!", but worth not being numb for the evening. The longest part was actually grinding everything down so it felt/fit normal...

After dinner it was off to buy Preston a few pairs of new shorts. He is in adult sizes and most of his clothes are not, poor kid just grew too fast. His wardrobe is slowly catching up with him.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Melanie Ostergard said...

You are either very brave or very crazy to have a filling done without being numb. Wow!!

sussah said...

I was gonna say, get the shot every time!! love, susanna

Amber and Aurora said...

I got my last filling without numbing, but only because I was guaranteed it wouldn't touch a nerve. It still made me nervous, but I agree - so much better not to be numb all day.