Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Texting

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Yesterday was Maren's sister Stef's birthday. Hope you had a great birthday!

Both Preston and Hansen texted her happy birthday yesterday, while Maren posted on her Facebook page. That is the world today, no calling, just texting or Facebook. Fast and quiet. I like the technology. One of Preston's friends had to "slow down" on the texting because she had like 9000 texts last month. While that seems like a lot, I am sure that half of those were incoming and she was just responding on many with a quick "yup" or something. I decided to check on how many Preston had sent last month. 6,207! Half of those are incoming as well. This month he is even higher. Yup, he may get to 9,000 this month...but they did have spring break and why limit him on spring break? These texting buddies are mostly 6th graders...many HiCap with amazing grades! I wonder if the high schoolers text even more, or if after a while you just kind of loose some of the texting novelty. Sometimes I am trying to get him to do something and he keeps texting, but usually he is not so rude.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I refuse to get the $5 unlimited texting package because then I feel like I'd have to text all the time, and I'd rather not send or receive texts... but then again, if I was always a passenger and not the driver, or if I had a bazillion friends who all texted constantly, I'd conform. I sometimes wonder what the "in" technology will be when Aurora's 12...

Amber said...

(texting and driving is totally my pet peave)

Melanie Ostergard said...

That's an average of over 200 texts a day. That must be all kids do anymore...text.

Julian's Blog said...

Texting and driving is against the law up here! 200 per day sounds like a ton, huh? I would guess P spends an average of a few seconds per text, so that is about-what- 10 minutes per day total?

Stef said...

Thanks, Julian! It was a great birthday.

I am a guilty textaholic so it was cute getting bday texts from the boys! I like the fast and quiet technology of it too. But I DON'T do it while driving!!

Looking forward to having the kiddos over this weekend :)