Saturday, April 18, 2009

Seahawks visit

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Yesterday was a fun day at CV. There was no WASL testing (except for make ups) and a couple of Seahawk Football players came to the school to visit. Nate Burleson and Seneca Wallace were the two players who visited. Nate is the nephew of our school Librarian, so there you go! The players talked to the 5th and 6th grade classes in the library for a while, then did quick visits to every other classroom that was interested. Nate was a better speaker to the kids than any other current professional player I have seen, he could have easily said more and been even more inspirational in a full school assembly format. Seneca also did a great job, they were a good pair. I will certainly cheer for those two much more when football season starts.

Nate and Seneca talking to the 5th and 6th grade classes. My teaching area is just behind the library, behind where I am standing to take the picture.
Seneca Wallace on the left, Nate Burleson on the right, along with a few sixth grade students.
Barbecue food served to the players and staff by The Three Bs Barbecue (owned by 6th grade teacher Mrs. Boden and her husband) was just amazing. I actually went out to lunch with Maren as she had the day off and we went to Costco for a quick lunch before she went on our monthly Costco shopping trip. Even though I was kind of full, I had plenty of room for the awesome BBQ.
Today is Hansen and Lillie's last soccer games for the season. John and Carol will come out to see part of the games then take them out to the movies.
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

K. said...

Sounds like a great visit! The kids must have been thrilled. I've been volunteering for an after-school program at Mt View elementary in White Ctr. The kids are the same age, and they are wonderful. They do far more for me than I could ever do for them.