Thursday, March 19, 2009

Busy, biking, science fair pics.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Today will be one of those crazy days at our house. We begin with Math Club for Preston, followed by school/work, straight from school to Lillie's 6 year check up, back home for a very quick dinner, then Maren and I split up as I will take the kids to the science fair and Maren will attend Jr. High Orientation for kids entering Jr. High next year. Phew.

Last night I discovered how real bikers roll. While Lillie was in dance class I met up with a co-worker for a quick bike ride around the lake. Joy just turned 50 and she is an avid cyclist. Her bicycle weighs about the same as the back wheel on my bike. She has all the gear and was polite to drag a beginner like me around for a few laps. Since we only were out for about 40 minutes, I kept up OK. Joy and her group are very fast, I don't know if I will ever be that good, but completing the 100 mile LiveSTONG Challenge in June should be no problem as long as I keep up the riding...but I will be far behind the leaders.

Below are sneak previews of Lillie and Hansen's science fair projects. The show is tonight. At CV the science fair is totally optional so it will be interesting to see how many kids participated. GL makes the science fair mandatory for all 4-6 grades, and optional for the younger classes.

Lillie and her Colors In Nature project. She choose the pictures, printed the labels, found the collections, told me what to type, and did all the gluing. And she would start another project tomorrow if we let her. The Kindergarten and 1st grade participants were to do collections.
Hansen with his and his friend Kole's joint project on Hovercrafts. They did all the research themselves, as well as the cutting and gluing. Hansen is holding their homemade hovercraft made form a CD and a balloon.
See you tomorrow.

No comments: