Thursday, February 19, 2009

Geo Caching, busy day.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday ended up being a very full day. Preston and Alec were gone spending the night at John and Carol's house, so I only had the littles. We decided to go on a geo caching expedition. First one for us. A co-worker lent me an older GPS unit and we found a couple of caches near by our house, so off we went. First one was in the Covington Library...hidden in the maps areas. The kids thought that was great. I let Hansen be in charge of the GPS unit in the car and he was telling when I was speeding and such on the way back to the Timberline Community Center for a second cache. As we got closer Hansen would be reading off the coordinates and how close we were. It ended up just outside of the little park we call the "sand park". Without the GPS and some clever instructions, we never could have found the cache. The kids are hooked. When the weather gets warmer we will venture out on harder finds that you need to hike to get to, but there are plenty in the local area to keep us busy.

After lunch it was off the the eye doc for me. My eyes have basically not changed in the last 4 years, which is nice. My glasses are getting old, so I will get new ones one of these days, but no hurry. My contact prescription is still just fine.

It was such a nice evening last night that while Lillie was at dance class, I rode my bike around Lake Morton several times. There were plenty of walkers and bikers on the lake last night. I am getting in better shape and actually think I will be able to finish the 100 miles of the LiveSTRONG Challenge in June.

Today the only thing on the agenda is to go swimming. Lillie has been begging to go swimming this whole vacation, so we will go. Just sounds cold to me, but the kids enjoy the pool.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

homeless travelers said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your geo-caching experience. Think that I will check and see what they have here in the desert. We always have fun when we are on the hunt.