Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Will trade my brother for a Monkey!

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Yesterday was a busy day. We brought Preston to math club which takes place from 8:00-9:00am. That means that Lillie and Hansen who don't usually even need to wake up until about 7:15am had to be ready to leave by 7:45am. Not so easy, but no problem when there is a reward! What reward you may ask. Well, the littles don't need to be at school until about 8:30am so we had a half an hour to kill. Starbucks! I bought then each a kids hot chocolate at the Starbucks in Safeway. They held their hot chocolates and perused the movie rental shelves com pairing movies and checking out gross covers from horror movies. My kids are a bit spoiled and a hot chocolate was almost not good enough. Hansen wanted a Frap, and Lillie wanted a Mocha. But when they realized that their options were kids hot chocolate or nothing...they chose wisely. They are spoiled, but not quite rotten.

I had an interesting diversity class last night. One game they made us play was to have us in groups of 4 at a table, read the rules to a card game (similar to Hearts), then no talking or writing. The winners would move up a table, the losers down a table. What they did not tell us that each tables directions for the game were a bit different. My original table played aces low and spades as an anytime trump card. The second table I ended up at played aces high. By the third table I had to clarify before starting the game. The last table I was at had no spade trump card rule. Interesting and fun game. Three more weeks of diversity training on Tuesdays.

Below is a cute picture of Lillie. She is wearing her new favorite shirt, "I will trade my brother for a MONKEY!". She is also wearing her fake mp3 player and looking rather tough with her hair all over. She would probably be texting her friends while driving her car to the mall if she had her way...and she would probably get away with it because she is so gosh darn cute.


See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Uhm... FAKE MP3 player?!?! Hehe!

She is pretty darn cute. I can't even imagine Aurora at 5 years old, butI think they'll look related :)