Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration of Barack Obama.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Congratulations to the world. Obama is in the White House and Bush is back in Texas....that took way too long! All the classrooms at the school got to watch the inauguration of Barack Obama on the Smart Board. Even Lillie got to go into another Kindergarten class to watch. Excellent. Maren had a great day hanging out on the new couch, nose to the TV, eating her last piece of birthday cake, and enjoying her day...that is the way to use a vacation day!

Last night I had my second class on diversity for the KSD. Each class has a section where we are shown what it is like to not be able to communicate. The teacher spent about 15 minutes teaching a geography lesson in a foreign language. Sure, I could copy the pen marks on the little map, but I had no idea what was going on and my head hurt. I think I will just stay in Covington and be thankful that it is a good place to live.

Tonight Preston has soccer and Lillie has dance class. Hansen is off the hook for the evening.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

sussah said...

That did seem like an eternity between election day and inauguration day. We had a big screen projection of the events in the library lobby. This is a wonderful thing, a quantum leap, and an inspiration and opportunity. love, susanna