Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One Crazy Raven.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Every once in a while, something totally unexpected happens, and it turns out to be great. This kind of thing happens to me all the time. I don't really know why, but I am always walking into places just before cool programs and stuff. Yesterday we were just hanging out at home with no plans for the evening. I decided I wanted to go to Office Depot to buy more RAM for my computer and a new memory card for my phone. I had just filled in L and H's reading charts and they had read enough to win a new book from the Covington Library. So on a total whim, I asked the littles if they wanted to go to the Library and to Office Depot. They said yes, and we headed out the door. When we got to the Library, they were about to have a program called One Crazy Raven, Presented by Gene Tagaban. We decided to stay as the Library was packed and everyone was raving about this story teller. The program was excellent. Started with some cool Native American flute playing, then Gene Tagaban took over, he is an excellent story teller and along with his drum, flute, and audience kids, he told stories of the Raven, of being honored by his elders, and other positive stuff. Hansen and Lillie had a good time, it was very educational as well as totally entertaining. By the way, Lillie chose a Magic School Bus book, Hansen a Series Of Unfortunate Events book for their free books. And no, we never made it to Office Depot to buy more RAM or a memory card. But with my luck I will find a deal or two in the next couple of days that far exceeds what I would have paid last night.


This Picture is Lillie playing instruments with the performers. Lillie is on the far right.
This is a picture of the Raven Dance. I could not get a great shot, but this works.
These pictures are with my new phone. It has a 3.3 something, something camera and it take as good pics as my normal camera. I may just stop carrying my camera and just my phone. These photos were then e-mailed to myself, but it think they would be even better if I download through the USB ports?
Today Preston has soccer, Lillie has dance, and Maren works a little late.
See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

sussah said...

Great phone-photos and I like the Raven Dance. love, susanna

Debster said...

I'm so glad you guys stayed! Gene and Peter are fabulous. I love the positive messages he gives througout his program, to honor our families and ourselves.
I AM A STORYTELLER!

Deb S.

Amber said...

Those ARE great pics for a phone. I'm only partially surprised that you figured out how to use the camera and email functions ;)