Friday, November 07, 2008

McTeacher's night at McDonald's

Good morning, it is Friday.

Last night was McTeacher's night at the local McDonald's. I have to give the staff at Cedar Valley a big kudos because there were so many staff members there that every kid who came into McDonald's for the evening got to see a teacher they they either had or have. The office staff was there, the Principal was there, and a bunch of teachers were there working away. The lines were huge and we were very lucky to find a table. There were kids from Lillie's class and kids from Hansen's class. I saw plenty of kids from my word study classes and from the classes I help in during the day. I don't know how much money was raised for the school, but it had to be a ton. We (me, Lillie, and Hansen. Preston was sick, and Maren was working) got there about 5:30 and stayed for about an hour. We went thought he lines first for our dinner, then a second time for ice-cream and some take out for Maren and Preston. McTeacher's night was a ton of fun.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Whoa, McDonald's flashback. I just became facebook friends with a couple people I worked with at McD's back in the day. That was actually a pretty good job back then!

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

What a great idea! We hope Preston is feeling better.