Thursday, November 06, 2008

Homework.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday Lillie ran up to me after school with a huge grin on her face and totally excited. "Guess what! Guess what!" she yelled as she crashed into me. "What, what?" I said, "and don't crash into me so hard." I thought maybe she got an extra cookie for a friend's birthday or an invitation to a party or something really cool. "I have homework!!!" she said, grinning from ear to ear. Yup, homework. I don't know what planet this girl is from...who gets that excited about homework, not Hansen and certainly I never did. She was just so excited to have homework. By the time we got home (we rode our bicycles and Lillie was in the trailer) her homework was in her hand and she was first to the door just itching to get inside to do her homework. Five minutes later, her homework was done and things were back to normal. After dinner, Hansen did his homework, but things are different. He seems to think that the fact that he is even attempting his homework should draw celebration from his parents. "Can you get me a pencil?", that is what we hear from Hansen. As if he says he is going to attempt his homework so the entire world should now cater to his every whim. Preston usually does his homework no problem, but last night he was sick and just crashed on the couch. He is not expecting to be well enough to attend school today, so the did not even do his homework. If he wakes up healthy, he will be stressing out.

Yesterday was also the Veterans' Day Celebration Assembly at Grass Lake. Preston got to sit with John, then Preston played his clarinet in the music portion. The rest of us did not make it to the show, but I am sure Preston and John had a fine time.

Tonight is McTeacher's night at McDonald's. The teachers serve the food and stuff with a percent of the proceeds going to the school. Should be fun.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: