Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Yesterday was a fun day. My last half an hour of work was spent helping in the kid's classrooms helping at their parties. I visited Hansen's class first. I helped pass out goodies and just hung out and watched the kids party. After a while I went to Lillie's class. They were making some fun spider crafts and playing bingo. They also got plenty of treats. Preston said his party was fun, but being at a different school, I just did not make it over there.

In the evening, we went Trick or Treating. Preston went with his friend Connor, they got tons of candy. Preston brought his candy over to Connor's house and spent the night. I will be curious to see how much of his candy he ate. He and Connor have a soccer game at 2:00 today, so I figure his parents kept them in check a little. I took Hansen and Lillie out around the neighborhood. I saw some kids from school. The kids saw some friends. We stayed out until about 7:45 when Lillie decided she was just too tired to trick or treat any longer.

The kid's costumes were the same ones they had on at the Waterfront, except for Preston decided to be a soccer player. Boooring, but effective for running from house to house gathering candy. This year there were not nearly the amount of kids trick or treating as usual. I don't know if the kids are just getting older, that seems to be the case in our neighborhood, no kids out of elementary school were out trick or treating, or if more kids go to functions at schools or church. Anyhow, the last few bunches of trick or treaters got a ton of candy. You should have seen Lillie dishing hand fulls of candy into jr. high school girl's candy bags at 8:30pm.

Hope you had a fun Halloween. Here is your joke for the day. What kind of music do mummies like to listen to most? Wrap music.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

Very funny joke! We loved it!