Friday, October 03, 2008

Choir practice.

Good morning, it is Friday.

Last night Hansen did got to both his soccer practice and the church choir. At the kids choir practice there were two other boys and probably six girls. They sang a few songs and learned a new song. I had the song stuck in my head called "Give Me Oil In My Lamp", the only problem is I don't know the words, but it works out because Lillie thinks it is the funniest thing in the whole world when you sing songs and make up totally ridiculous words that are obviously not the correct words...so Lillie and I had a fun night making up crazy words for that song while the boys watched Total Drama Island or something. Hansen's choir leader is named Ms. Hanson. At one point a few minutes into the practice, the leader asked Hansen what his name was and Hansen said "Hansen", she just looked so surprised and said "Hansen! what a great name, I will never forget your name again my whole life!" Hansen thought that was great. He had told the leader that he was trying out Choir and did not know if he would want to do it or not, and after practice the teacher asked if the class had fun, everyone said "Yes", then she said, "enough fun that Hansen might come back?", Hans nodded his head yes, so I guess he is now officially a choir member.

I did not get to watch the whole VP debate due to Choir practice, but I can tell you I am very tired of the term "Maverick". The worst car Maren and I ever had (if only for a couple of weeks) was an old Ford Maverick. Maybe there is a connection?

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, the dictionary defines "maverick" as an unbranded stray calf who may be claimed by the first person to brand it. Hm...Doesn't really sound all that Presidential to me. ;o)
Miss Susan