Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New job, dentist.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Yesterday I was offered the Paraeducator job at Cedar Valley! Woo Hoo! I have to go in today and fill out new hire stuff for the Kent School district, then I actually start working on Wednesday. Job stuff for me could not have worked out better. Hansen and Lillie are at CV and the school day is from 8:40am to 2:48pm (they are both very excited to have me working at their school). My work shift will be from 9:00am to 2:30pm. Feels good to be employed again, I have not had an actual work shift (other than jr. golf camps) since before Lillie was born.

Yesterday was also the dentist for me and the kids. Every six months we take over the dentist office for an hour and all get our teeth done at the same time. Still perfect, the kids have zero cavities (Hansen is on warning, he needs to brush more, and lay off the coffee and candy a bit) and my teeth are good as well. I actually have to go back today and have a new filling put in my back left molar. I guess the filling fell out sometime in the last 6 months and I never knew. No pain or anything, but there is a big hole in that tooth that I never even noticed. They said it will only be a 15 minute appointment as there is no need for drilling or pain kills, just a new filling put in where the old one was for strength reasons...I don't really want my tooth to split.

Tonight is curriculum night at CV. We have stuff going on every night this week!

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

sussah said...

Congratulations on your new job! That's perfect. Love, Susanna

Amber said...

That really is the perfect job - it's like you've gone from stay-at-home dad, to stay-at-school dad! I'm glad they got back to you so quickly, and hope you really enjoy the job.

Emily said...

Congrats! That will be fun for you, L and H to have after-school snacks and debrief about your CV days.

Melanie Ostergard said...

Congratulations, Julian! You make getting a job look easy!!

stef said...

That's fantastic news..I'm so happy for you!

Congrats :)

Julian's Blog said...

Thanks for the congratulations! I do feel very fortunate getting just the job I wanted in today's depressed job climate.