Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First job interview in over 12 years.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Yesterday I had my first job interview since before Preston was born. I interviewed for a 4 hour per day Paraeducator job at Kentlake High School. Paraeducators are like a teacher's helper and duties usually include small group instruction, preparing materials, correcting papers and stuff like that. Turns out this job is working in the math department. Some of you may have no trouble imagining me teaching math at high school, others of you may be thinking, hmm. One of the staff doing the interview was a guy I knew from back when I was a kid. Who knows if that helped or not. I think I did well, but I did kind of botch a multiplication part of a fraction problem I was to explain. If they offered me the job, I would take it, it sounded fun to me...we shall see.

Maren took Hansen to soccer practice yesterday while I had my interview. She told the kids I was interviewing for a job and could not be there. Preston said he likes me being a stay-at-home-dad, and does not want me to get a job. Of course this is why I am looking at the part-time school district jobs. At dinner Lillie explained that I should really get a job at McDonald's since I worked there for a summer [back in high school] before she and her brothers were even "twinks" in my eye.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: