Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Golf, Dahlia named Maren, sink troubles.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Did you miss my blog yesterday? My alarm went off just after 5:00am, and even though this blog is titled Early Morning Blog, 5:00am felt closer to the middle of the night...and this is not a Middle of the Night Blog. In fact today, I fell back to sleep and did not even come downstairs until after Maren left for work...so today it is kind of a Middle of the Morning Blog.

Yesterday I golfed Canterwood C.C. and the golf course won. Actually if it was not for just a couple of holes, and a driver that was letting me down, it would have been a very good round. The results are not posted yet, so I don't know how I did. The course is one of the toughest and I may not have been the only semi causality, so I may still make a few $$$. Steve W. played very well and I suspect he will cash, Trevor and Corey...causalities of Canterwood.

Maren's mom showed up extra early to watch the kids yesterday in order to drop off a big Dahlia plant called Maren. It is a deep orange color and looks very cool. How fancy would it be to have plant with your name when your name is so unique that you can't ever find a bicycle license plate or key chain or anything pre-made with your name? Just ask Maren.

About every two months our in sink disposal and the plumbing under the sink cause a clogged sink. The in-sink-erator is just not as good at chopping as it should be and the elbow under the sink has a kind of small opening. Anyhow, usually when this happens the sink will slowly drain after a few minutes and when I take all the plumbing apart under the sink (which I am quite accustom and only takes a few minutes), wash out the clog, put it back together, and be on my way. Yesterday's clog was a bit more extreme as by the end of the day, the water and yuk had not gone down at all...which meant that I would need to be quite agile under the sink, removing the plumbing and putting a bucket under in just the right place and time to catch all the gross stuff flowing. Well, I just did not think the stuff would shoot so far! I change the oil in the cars and know to move the container off to the side a ways to catch the shooting oil, but I guess age is finally catching up to me and I did not think that the gross stuff (it was like a horrid combination of algae and barf, but was actually just fomenting potato parts and other stuff you would expect an in-sink-erator to grind up and ship away without trouble) would actually shoot so far and so fast. Anyhow, I did not catch the yucks in time and although I was quite nimble, a lot got all over me and the floor. Maren and the kids would not even come in the kitchen in fear of puking, even after repeated cries of "help, I need a bunch of towels!!! Nope, I was on my own. And after everything was all cleaned up and fixed, the kids actually wanted me to fix them ice-cream with chocolate syrup...some nerve huh? Well, the ice-cream was very tasty.

Today Hansen has his first soccer practice of the new season. It will be curious to meet his coach and see who is on his team.

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Melanie Ostergard said...

That happened to us in the townhome. Court dumped a huge batch of rice down the diposal and turned it on. We spent hours and hours, digging rice out of the pipes. By the end of it there was water and rice all over under the sink, all over us, and all over the kitchen floor. We don't put rice down the disposal anymore. So gross....

sussah said...

You are such a descriptive writer that I should write a review of your plumbing exploits on shelfari.com. Good Lord!! Thanks & love, Susanna

Amber said...

Gross, gross, gross!!!

Julian's Blog said...

Aunt Susanna, shelfari.com is a cool site. You are totally plugged in, you must be a Librarian! As my favorite YA author John Green would say, you are made of Awesome!

Emily said...

I wish I could find a plant named Sumanth for Sumanth. Even in India, I couldn't find any bicycle license plates for him:)

Amber said...

I just looked up shelfari.com... I'm on Goodreads and it seems like the same thing, except Shelfari claims to be the PREMIER social networking site for those who love books. Neat :)