Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lillie rides a bike.

Good morning, it is Monday.

Actually it is Sunday night, but I am posting tonight because I am waking up early to play in a golf tournament Monday and will not take the time to blog. So here you go, Monday morning blog even a few hours early.

The big news...Lillie learns to ride a bicycle with no training wheels. And all on her own. I helped her a couple of times, but she would not let me help her because as she said "You always let go!", she is correct, I always do let go, then she rides for a sec, then freaks out, then goes and rides her scooter. Today we had Shannon visit along with her mom. Shannon's mom was the one who gave us all the ideas about remodeling our house a year ago, and this year she came to see how much we had actually done. I think she was quite happy with the results, I know we are very happy with the way our house is painted and floored and stuff. We enjoyed their visit and enjoyed showing off the work on our house. Well, Lillie decided to show Shannon her scooter skills, and Shannon agreed that she should be able to ride a bicycle without training wheels. I helped Lillie once, let go of her and she rode just fine as she screamed in horror that I let go again! (sometimes parenting can be so fun!) A couple of minutes she decided to try again on her own, so I got out my video camera and taped the progress. A few minutes after the tape was filmed, she was riding along as if she had been riding for years. If you make it to the end of the two minute clip, you get to see her little happy dance.

Enjoy the video, today I am golfing in a tournament, Maren is working, Preston is spending the night at Alec's house, Hansen will be going to VBS with Kole, and Lillie will be hanging out with Nana. Busy day.

See you tomorrow.

video

2 comments:

Amber said...

In a skirt, no less! Good job Lillie!!!

Melanie Ostergard & Courtney Cunniff said...

Nice work Lillie!! Congratulations. Maren, you look fabulous!!