Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stef took the kids for an overnight, Dalia Lama.

Good afternoon, it is Sunday.

Saturday was a fun day. Shannon was here in the morning, but Maren had to work. We got a little work done on the wallpaper project. I have now figured out the best way for me and removing wallpaper...Just have Shannon do it. Just joking. Using the perferator thingamijig first, then use a roller to roll on the wallpaper solution, then roll it on again 15 minutes later, then peal and pull and curse the wallpaper off.

We [me, kids, and Shannon] went for a garage sale walk. Did not find much. Just a 10 cent hair doodad at an unmanned garage sale. I just left a dime on the table.

After the walk, Maren got home from work, and Stef came by to pick up the kids for an overnight. After Stef took off with the kids, we went out to Dinner at a Thai restaurant, then to Coldstone for ice cream. I needed postage stamps, and Shannon really wanted us to check out the post office's automated shipping center, so we walked over the the post office. Of course the automated shipping center was out of stamps. Anyhow, we had a very nice evening without the kids, and the kids had a very nice overnight at Stef's place. Shannon went home after dinner and Maren and I had a nice relaxing evening with no kids.

Stef had a great surprise in store for the kids as they thought they were going to have pizza delivered to the apartment, and who should bring over the pizza...Uncle Corey! Preston actually asked Corey if he now worked at Pizza Hut! The kids had a great time in Stef's company. I am sure they ran Stef ragged. I picked them up at about 1:00pm. Lillie did not ever want to go home, she actually told Stef that she wanted to live with her forever and have her be her new Mommy! They were actually happy to be home, and are now running all over the place being crazy.

Today Maren is working again. She is participating in a round table work shop about early literacy with the Seeds of Compassion and the Dalai Lama. Yup, she will be rubbing elbows with the Dalai Lama. Lillie thinks the Dalai Lama is a doll of a Llama.

Tomorrow is back to school for the kids, Spring Break is now over. Boo Hoo!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I guess I never realized just how cool Steph and Corey are! I want them to be my parents... er, babysitters!

Chuck and I saw the Dalai Lama in Pasadena once. Strange to just run into him, but pretty cool.