Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter, purchased the wood.

Good Morning, it is Sunday.

Happy Easter! The Easter Bunny came, the kids are already hopped up on sugar. We will be going to church, then over to Maren's cousin's house for a huge gathering.

Yesterday I took the seats out of the van and headed out to Costco to buy flooring for the bedrooms. 31 boxes of laminate wood flooring. I had no fewer than 17 people say to me "wow, you have a big job!" My only reply was "Yup, glad it does not need to be done today!" The van was bottomed out the whole drive home. That is a ton of wood. About 600 sq feet. I will begin the projects next week. Our new carpet was thanks to our tax refund, our new wood floor will be thanks to Bush's economic check. I am thankful for the $$$, but maybe no national debt, a strong economy, the end of the war, and a positive world for the kids to grow up in would have been a better gift from our President?

Preston had his friend Alec over most of the day yesterday, the weather was nice and there was plenty of outside play. Today is totally raining.

Have a great Easter Sunday. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Amber said...

That was exactly what I said when I heard we'd be getting an economic stimulus check. Nice, but really... maybe not the best way for Bush to make our lives better.

Shannon said...

Ha ha ha ha! "Hopped up" on sugar! Did you mean to make that pun, or are you just naturally punny?

Also, my Mom is coming to visit this summer, and she is so excited to see all of the changes in your house. So I am officially inviting us to visit! I'll let you know when. :)

Happy Easter!