Sunday, February 10, 2008

Walmart excitment, The Pacifier.

Good Morning, it is Sunday.

What happend yesterday. Washington's caucus system gave the win to Obama. From what I can tell from friends, co-workers and newsprint, the older folks like Hillary, the younger folks like Obama. The line seems to be some where around late 30's early 40's. I still am not happy with the way the Dems only count the caucus and not the primary. Enough on that...it is what it is, for now.

Hansen had a $10.00 gift card for Walmart burning a hole in his pocket so after Preston's soccer practice we braved Walmart. I have never seen it so busy. We parked 2 spots from the end of the parking lot and when we were leaving there were people waiting for my spot. Hansen found a Bionicle, Lillie found a bubble princes thing (can't take her and not let her get anything since Hansen is buying) and Preston bought some candy. The line to the check out took us 23 minutes. In line in front of us was a nice older couple and a very pregnant mom with her 8 year old. The line was not good for the pregnant mom and she was getting very hot and uncomfortable having to sit down and thinking she was going into labor. We got her one of those motorized carts for disabled folks, she put all her stuff in the basket and sat down for awhile. Once she cooled off and calmed down, she was fine. Phew, she said she really did not want to name her baby Walmart. It was close, I had my cell phone ready. Amber and Mel, when you decide it is time for your babies to be born and you are looking for a way to speed things along, just go to a Walmart on a weekend and wait in a 25 minute line with 100 other impatient, cursing Walmart regulars...that will push you right over the edge. Remind me to never go to a Walmart on a weekend again.

We watched The Pacifier with Vin Diesel last night. That is my new favorite movie. Better than the Simpsons. If you have not seen it, rent it, it is funny...at least if was for me and the kids, I don't really know what Maren thought. Preston almost has the Panda Dance memorized. I think I may have to get a red bumper sticker for my blue mini-van that says "world's greatest MOTHER" just so I can be like Vin Diesel.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I prefer not to shop at Walmart, but maybe I'll change my mind when I'm 41 weeks pregnant.

sussah said...

Not so quick about Obama and the age thing. I am proud of myself. I heard his speech this week in person at Tulane, which felt much different than the usual sound-bites we get on TV. I voted for him yesterday. susanna

Julian's Blog said...

I will support Obama if he gets the nomination, I am just worried he does not have the experience. Maybe that is not a real worry. Maybe excitment is even better? I am just glad Bush's time is almost over.