Saturday, February 02, 2008

refrigerator stuff, Hansen's sparring class.

Good morning, it is Saturday.
Yesterday I waited at home for the Sears repair man to show up from 8am to noon. At 12:15 I had to finally leave to take Lillie to Preschool, then off to Jade Green to teach a golf lesson. Of course, at 12:45 the repair man called and said he was on his way. I told him that I had waited during the alloted time and he could either come at 3:30, or reschedule. Well, we will try again next Friday. I defrosted the freezer with Maren's hair dryer and it will work fine for the next week.

Last night Hansen had Sparring class. Hansen is like a bulldog in Sparring. Anyhow, one of his opponents kicked him just right and he went over backwards so hard! Just snapped back on his back and the back of his head. Then the kid (bigger red belt) stepped on Hansen's face trying not to fall down. The kids have a ton of padding, soft helmets and stuff. Hansen said he felt it on his back hard, and saw the kids foot in his face, but otherwise was not hurt. Master Kim who was teaching the class was to Hansen in an instant, as it looked bad, but Hansen just got right back up and wanted to start fighting again. Hansen made sure that the instructor knew that his eyes were just watering from being stepped on, and he was not crying. Master Kim told me after class that Hansen has a very strong mind. I do know that! Hansen was supprisingly tough, I think most of the class would have been done for the evening, if not their life if they took such a hit. Belt test today, Hansen will be a blue belt.

Lillie was so excited to have her overnight with Claire and Nana. We have not heard a word from anyone since she left yesterday at 4:00pm. I am sure she is having a great time. We will hear all about the fun later.

See you tomorrow.

PS. for some reason the spell checker is not working since yesterday's post. I am not going to worry too much about the poor spelling, but I do miss the spell checker.

No comments: