Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hansen's 8th birthday, Maren and Julian 17 year anniversary.

Good Morning, it is Thursday.

Today is Hansen's 8th Birthday. Today is also Maren and Julian's 17 year wedding anniversary. Tonight we will celebrate Hansen's birthday! I have a feeling that Hansen will wake up the same exact kid he was yesterday...but maybe, just maybe, he will be able to brush his teeth and pick out his clothes by himself. We all have our dreams. Today is also the first day back to school for the kids. Hansen will bring Hostess Cupcakes to share with his class. I think because of the cupcake thing, he is actually happy to be going back to school. His choice of dinner for his birthday is Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza from Pizza Hut. I will pick that up for him during Taekwondo.

Maren has said that on year 20 she wants a party. Not just a little party in the house where you hang up a streamer, but a big party where you rent a banquet room and invite everyone you know to party. We have a few years to plan that. If anyone has any great ideas over the next couple of years, I am open to suggestions.

Yesterday Lillie had dance class and Preston had gymnastics. They both were very happy to be back to their classes. Yesterday I golfed 9 holes at Elk Run. The Seattle Times wrote a big article about the land swap that will close down Elk Run in a year or two. Other than the owner, I have probably spent more time at that course than anyone else. It will be sad to see it close down, but there should be enough courses around here to absorb the golfers. I am not sure where I will golf my weekly games when Elk Run closes. I don't really like the harder courses, and the easier ones are too easy. I will figure something out. There may still be some fight by the homeowners about the course turning into condos, but is sounds like the King County big wigs have made up their minds. I played 9 holes, played OK.

Today the computer guy is coming out to our house to see about fixing my computer. I have started to get used to the laptop, but I hit weird buttons at weird times. Maybe that is not such a change, but I will be happy to have my desk top computer working again.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: