Saturday, December 01, 2007

Evil Knivel, Hansen work the system, First Snow and Lillie

Good morning, it is Saturday. There is snow on the ground. Not a lot, but more than a trace. The road is clear so Maren will have no trouble getting to work today...besides, she is only going about a mile to the closest school around. But the trees, roofs, and cars are all white. Lillie just came down stairs, looked out the window, and yelled "Is it Christmas?", I said not yet, but it did snow. She then ran straight over to the advent calendars and did all the stuff for day 1...how exciting. Maren just smiled and said "that's my girl."

Yesterday I read that Evil Knievel died. I did not really follow his carrier or anything, but when I was a kid, I loved my Evil Knievel stuff. One of my favorite bicycles was an Evil Knievel bicycle. I think I eventually took off the fake motorcycle tank and seat, but I really liked that bike. One on my favorite toys was a motorcycle wind up Evil Knievel thing were you put the motorcycle on the winder, wind and wind (while scraping your knuckles on the road) until the motorcycle takes off and jumps over stuff. I had an Evil Knievel lunch box and would just be mesmerized by the pictures of him riding wheelies with his feet on the seat and his cape flying. Maybe I should have been learning my spelling words...oh well. Such cool toys. The x-game kids like Travis Pastrama do far more crazy stuff (like his double back flip) than Evil seemed to do...except they are not on Harley Davidson 750 that twist sideways in the air due to torque. Also the x-game kids don't go like 75 mph then crash on the pavement. I don't have much to say about Evil and his family...they all seem from interviews that they had lost a few marbles along the way, but those were great toys...and just the name Evil Knievel, so cool.

Hansen was invited to watch a movie at his friend Kole's house last night. He went over around 7:00 pm. At about 8:30 pm I get a phone call from Hansen asking if Kole can spend the night. I told Hansen that the answer is no, Maren has to work in the morning (this morning) and he starts going on and on about how he already invited Kole even though he did not invite Kole but somehow Kole thought he was invited and his parents said it was a yes why can't he spend the night and on and on and blah and blah. Well, the rule around here is that you ask the family where you will be staying first, then the friend second. Hansen did the deal backwards and had to squirm out of it. Anyhow, it was no big deal, and no one spent the night...maybe tonight. But it was kind of amusing hearing Hansen try to work a deal that had gone wrong from the start. I think those two will do it right next time.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: